If you’ve heard about friends making money online using Swagbucks and you are wondering if it’s really worth it.
The answer is YES and NO.
- You’ll never make a lot of money online trying to work the Swagbucks program as a potential income source like a regular job.
But, It’s A Great Way To Make Extra Cash If You’re Just Using It To Browse The Web!
Hi everybody, Todd here from Shaymurat. Today I want to give you the complete picture of the Swagbucks program and my personal take on this online rewards system.
What are Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a free membership website that allows people to join their site in order to make extra cash online.
Swagbucks really works as an online rewards program that offers it’s users multiple ways of earning their Swag Bucks, which is a virtual currency, that can be traded in for
- Real Cash in the form of PayPal Cards
- Local Coupons
- Gift Cards and
Attention Survey Takers from USA and Canada, you can make an extra $600 – $1,500/month using Survey Junkie – Click Here to Learn More
How to Earn Swagbucks?
There are multiple ways to earn Swag Bucks by completing various tasks online. Here’s are some of the tasks you can perform to start earning Swag Bucks today.
- Searching the web: Use the Swagbucks web browser and custom search engine just like you would use Google, Bing, or Yahoo. However, by using the browser, you can get paid for doing nothing more than surfing the web.
This is a very similar concept like using a Rewards Credit Card. You make normal purchases, pay them off each month, and get paid a small percentage. See my recent article, Beginners Guide: How To Make Money Using Your Credit Cards for more information.
- Special Offers: You complete special offers from 3rd party companies in order to receive Swag Bucks. But be leery about this option. Many Special Offer programs have been known not to pay out any cash whatsoever. Better to just stay away from these offers altogether.
- Watching TV: Users can watch videos to receive Swag Bucks, but the maximum amount that you can earn in a day is 150 Swag Bucks. This is about the equivalent to $1.50. This seems like a horrible way to make money online and I would avoid this as well.
- Taking Surveys: Taking short surveys can earn you Swag Bucks, but not always. You have to qualify to be rewarded Swag Bucks after you take the surveys. Again, a huge time waster for very little money.
- Shopping: By making normal purchase that you would normally do online, you can accumulate Swag Bucks. This is a positive way to make money for a purchase that you’re going to make anyways, so worth checking into this option as well.
- Completing Online Tasks: Performing small tasks like testing online promotions, completing research assignments, or testing online discounts. Again, a big waste of time for very little compensation.
- Playing video games: Testing out new video games can earn you Swag Bucks, but again, plan on making chump change for your time.
- Trading in your used electronics, video games, and consoles: You can earn money trading in old clutter around your home, but again, it’s not much money. Better to give it to Goodwill and take the tax deduction or sell it on eBay, Craigslist, or at a garage sale.
What Are Swag Bucks Worth
Although the Swag Buck and the USD currency fluctuate, in general…
One Swag Buck = One Cent
Misconceptions About Swagbucks
Many people think the Swagbucks search engine is associated with and provides the same results as Google. But this is not the case according to Wikipedia.org.
The Swagbucks website makes money from Google sponsored search results, and has a similar layout to Google, but it’s search results are a combination from multiple sources and are not the same as Google’s search results.
Pros of Using the Swagbucks Program
Users are awarded Swagbucks for completing simple tasks. The most prevalent and useful form of earning Swag Bucks is by searching the web, make the Swagbucks search engine your home browser and search the web like normal.
“This Is The Only Real Value To The Swagbucks Program, In My Opinion”.
If you have a job where you spend a great deal of time online, your Swag Bucks can add up rather quickly to where you can earn an extra $200/mo. It’s kind of like the same concept of making money off your credit cards. I make an extra $1,200 – $1,500/year off of mine, see how I do it right here.
Cons of Using Swagbucks
The biggest CON with Swagbucks, is that too many people get a false sense of earning substantial money using this program.
People continue to waste so much time completing menial tasks that don’t bring in much money.
This could be a huge time waster and loss of income.
The reality is, if you want to make money online, you can use your time so much more effectively.
Looking for REAL, Make Money Programs that Actually Work?
Another negative aspect about the Swagbucks program is it doesn’t offer world wide access. It’s participation is limited to those living in…
- The United States
- Ireland and
Update 12/10/14: If you live outside of these countries and still want to use Swagbucks, and you use Google Chrome as your web browser, you can add the HOLA plugin to change your location to one of these countries listed above. I always use USA or Canada.
Download it here from Google, once it’s set up, it will live on the Top Right corner of your browser. Take a look below. You just turn it one when you want to use Swagbucks outside of these locations listed above.
What Are The Rewards?
Once you accumulate your Swag Bucks, you can cash them out for gift cards to popular retail stores like Amazon, Starbucks, Best Buy, iTunes, etc.. Although Amazon has a limit that you can only cash out a giftcard for $5.00 per month. Kind of pain in my opinion.
Normally you’ll get a bit more purchasing power from gift cards than you do for taking your payment in cash.
Get Started Making Cash With Swagbucks?
1). Create your free account in just a few seconds using this link here.
2). Once you’ve got your account set up, click in the search engine and you’ll see this page below.
3). Click the link that says Make this my homepage and begin using the Swagbucks search engine on a daily basis just like you would with Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
4). Now you can start earning Swag Bucks by using their search browser on a daily basis.
Click Here To Get Started Earning Swag Bucks Right Away & Get An Additional 70 Swag Bucks By Signing Up Using This Link!
Use Swagbucks only for the search engine feature. If you have time to kill you could play around with the surveys and videos as well, but you’ll be making a couple of dollars per hour for your time.
Please don’t get trapped into a “Swagbucks Habit” where you get sucked in to the mind frame that your making good money online.
Sure you’re making a little bit, but is $2.00/hour worth your time?
If you want to learn more about building a real online business, hit the link below.
If you have any comments about whether or not Swagbucks is worth it, please leave me a comment below and I’ll get right back to you.